In order to sign up to take the ACT or the SAT, students must register for the tests online through the individual college entrance exam websites.
IMPORTANT GENERAL ADVICE
- Register under your legal name, the one you will use on all college application documents.
- Keep your user name and password in a safe place.
- Use the same account throughout high school; never create a second account with the testing agency.
- Register for a test well in advance of the registration deadline (a month or more). Some test centers fill to capacity before the deadline and you may be shut out.
- Have a credit card ready when you register.
- On the day of the test, you must bring your Registration/Admission Ticket, photo ID, #2 pencils (not mechanical), and a calculator. See the SAT and ACT websites for information about acceptable calculators.
To register for the ACT, please visit www.actstudent.org
To register for the SAT, please visit www.collegeboard.org
Students will be able to select their desired test date and preferred testing location. As a component of test security, students will be required to upload their photo when completing the online registration. Each website will walk you through the requirements and process for completing this step.