Your CSCC classes will not begin until CSCC start dates (Aug 31th/ Jan 18th), however before the first day of class you must:
- Complete your online orientation
- Log into blackboard
You should have an email from CSCC in your CSCC email account that details these steps.
As a reminder, here is how your CSCC CC+ classes will work:
- If you are taking English Composition 1 or Composition 2, those classes will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- If you are taking Psychology, Ethics, Sociology, Government, or Intro to Philosophy those classes will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The CSCC CC+ classes are blocked which means you will have classes either during 1st and 2nd periods or during 3rd and 4th periods. (Some may have CSCC classes 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th periods.)
- The 1st/ 2nd period block will run from 8:00 – 9:20am.
- The 3rd/ 4th period block will run from 9:35 – 10:55am.
Also, don’t forget:
- Pick up your CC+ textbooks in the WKHS bookroom just as you do for the rest of your high school classes
- Even though these are college classes, your high school attendance will still be taken and counts
- You should use your wscloud email account when emailing WKHS teachers and use your CSCC email account when emailing CSCC instructors
- Your grades will count for HS and future colleges so it is important to do well. Plus, if you don’t pass you are responsible for paying for the class. Reach out to your CC+ instructor first if you are having difficulty with the class and also talk to your WKHS School Counselor ASAP if you have concerns.
- The syllabus that you will receive from your instructor on the 1st day will be very important as it outlines the entire semester and expectations. Understand it is normal to feel overwhelmed when you see the entire semester.
The last day to drop a CSCC class without penalty is Friday, September 11, 2020
The last day to drop a CSCC class with a "W" (you will still have to repay the district for the class) is Thursday, November 5, 2020.
Here are some helpful links to CSCC resources that can be useful if you are having problems or questions: